Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My First interview in Software company

It was interesting story ...lets start

i gave my first interview in a small company in kolkata ...i was new in kolkata and didn't know Bengali.... it was small company ... So CEO was taking my interview ....like this

CEO: whts your name
ME: MyName

CEO: Tell me somting about yourself
ME: i am science graduate ..i did my this from there..this from there ....etc

CEO: hey r u not bengaali??

(I think when i will reply no i m not ..he will defiantly tell ok ...we will call u in coming weeks ..and case will settle)

Me: no i m not.

CEO: ok..(he smile)

(I think lag gai)

CEO: OK sangeeta just ask some besic .net question to him (Sangeeta was a .net devloper and was taking my tec interview)

Sangeeta: ok...tell me wht is Datset

Me:...Its just a collection of table

Sangeeta : can u explain it more

Me: yup ..dataSet is collection of one or more Table ...

sangeeta : Ok can u explain wht is different between ADO and ADO.net

Me:...Actually ..Dataset in coming from ADO .Net and Record Set is coming from ADO..
i just explain ..diff between Dataset and RecordSet...

Sangeeta : Ok can u tell me somting about primary key.

Me : yup ..and i did ..

.....Sangeeta asked me basic question like wht is normalisation ,CLR,framwork...
i replied ...only few of them...

Over a Period of interview CEO was just watching me continue..

CEO:Myname, In which languge u will prefer to answer...

MySelf: VB.Net

CEO: No i mean to say that in hindi or english..

Me: English

CEO: You can Answer in hindi also...just relax...why u r so nervious
Me:Know I m Fine

CEO: MYname ,Just take a glass of water ..and u can use your hankey..
Me: Thanks

(I drunk two or three glass of water ...i mean my,CEO,Sangaata glass aslo)

CEO: Myname, how much experience u have ..

Me : 1 and half year..

CEO: hey but u have mention that u did ur MCA in 2005 june ..and its 2005 dec..

Me : know i did my project traning in one software company..in delhi..

CEO: But u didnt mention the name of Company...

Me: It was just my friend Company...

CEO:..Wht is Your friend doing now ..

Me : Serching a job..

CEO: smile ...r u saying true??

ME: yup..he had started his company with 2 -3 people in 2004 but currently it is closed..

CEO: ok..tell me somthing about your project wht u did in ur last company.

Me : i gave the explanation of employee managment CURD operation...

sangeta: can u write the code for connection from database if it is sql server

me :yes..and i did (i was happy because i lerned it (Ratta maar diya tha )).

CEO: how u will update the record if id is primary key...can u write te Query..

ME: just give me two minut ......(i take paper and pen...)......yup i write ..

DELETE From TABLENAME where id ="2";

INSERT INTO TABLENAME (fields name sap with comma) VALUES (values of fields sap with comma);

CEO: hey can u write it one line ..i mean to say how u will update the record ...

Me : can u tell me wht wrong with it ..wht i have written ...

CEO: no its correct ..but u r deleting record first and then u r inserting ....

me : i dont know how i will write in one line ..

CEO: Do u know somthing about Update Query..
Me : (i take paper and pen..) and wrote ..

UPDATE Tablename Set Filedname=value
Where condition;

CEO: Ok

CEO: MyName ,How much salary u wnt ? i mean to say wht is your expectation.
Me : 10 thousand and above

CEO: myName ,we always take boys from jadavpur and shivpur through campus..but u referenced by hament ...we can give u only 4 thousnad...and u will be project traniee.

Me : ok I have no prob...

CEO: hey ...u can think ..take two or three day and then tell...

Me : actually i m freshers i just want job now ..can u tell me wht i will join here ...

CEO: he smile...myName u can join from tomorow ..hey just wait for 10 miunt u will get your offerlatter....

ME: thanks..(.i was very happy..it was my first job )

CEO: u can ask wht ever u want ...i mean to say do u want to know about company..
me : definatily sir..(.i was very happy ..my face was smiling ..and i was feeling so good )

CEO: ok....(he told about company ....)

me : (i was not able to understand ..because i was so happy...only i was looking to him)

CEO: myNme ,hey from which stat u r ...let me guess i hope u r from (myStatename)....m i right??

me: yup sir ..i was smiling ...

CEO: I m also just near from your state..i m from statename

ME: Nice to meet u sir .

CEO:..why u didnt mention that u did ur traning from ur friend company....??

ME: Sorry sir ,

CEO: wht sorry..can u tell me the name of company??

ME: ...Infozip system and transline....

(he gave me offerlatter and told ..myname just sign it ..)

CEO:... u Can go myname....we will meet tommorrow ..do u know office timing ...

ME: yes sir its 9 to 6pm

CEO: yes ..have a nice day.

Me same to u sir ..thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment